10 Dec Plan The Perfect Christmas Event
It’s that time of the year for good food, laughter and sharing between family and friends but time is slipping away!!!!…..Whether you are hosting Christmas lunch or dinner for 5 or 55, it certainly pays to be organised in advance and prepared for the day.
Here are our special tips to help you plan the perfect Christmas event.
Be creative… look for beautiful table decorations to add the festive feel to your table, home and garden. Remove any items that may get damaged or are precious if you have children coming along. Looking for interesting and unique deco and lighting options? Why not speak to us today and see what we can do to assist . Check out some of our deco and lighting range here. We also have illuminated cubes and bars to choose from.
Because Christmas celebrations can span through the day and night (in some cases), it’s important that if you are planning for outdoor activities or just need to add space for your guests, that you provide some shelter from the sun and rain for the family. Get your freeform stretch tent marquee booked up in advance and don’t forget to accessorise your bedouin tent with gorgeous fairy lights, sparkly tinsel and flickering table lights such as lanterns or candles to add some vitality and fun. We have gorgeous and elegant options to choose from. Why not try our festoon lights or maybe our moroccan deco to create a theme for your Christmas event. Whatever your needs, we have it ready and can set it up just the way you want it. See our range here. Need some inspiration on lighting? Check out our blog on lighting tips.
Seating is a must on such a long day of entertaining, so make sure you have enough chairs for everyone including kids. If you are really ambitious, you can also try decorating your seats with gorgeous Christmas trinkets. See our gorgeous range of table and seating options here. Our event planners can work through your options to create the vibe and feel that you need.
Plan the Menu
Allow yourself plenty of time to prepare and visit speciality stores and gourmet outlets to see what goodies you can find that will save you having to prepare these yourself. It also allows you heaps of time to shop for the best pricing.
- Prepare the menu in advance and order whatever you can….Don’t be afraid to cheat as we can’t do everything!
- Work with buffets as that helps people intermingle and encourages conversation.
- Keep the menu simple and fresh… that way it’s easy for you to serve but is still fresh and delicious.
- Work out what time the turkey and ham need to go into the oven as well as anything else that needs to be cooked so you have a schedule to refer to.
- Make sure you have plenty of food as a little overeating is permitted—It’s Christmas!
Plan ahead of Time
- Prepare in advance whatever you can such as decorating the Christmas tree and around the house to save you time and effort on the day.
- Make sure you have your platters ready with sauces and marinades all ready to use.
- Prepare cheese and fruit platters in advance and cover with cling wrap and place in fridge ready to pull out at a moment’s notice.
- Allow enough time to defrost the turkey. Depending on the size, it can take several days in your fridge to thaw. Work out what time the turkey needs to go into the oven on the day to be ready for serving.
- Don’t forget to have enough knives, forks, spoons and glasses for the day. You may also want to polish and run them through a rinse to remove any dust or dirt.
- Prepare enough food to have leftovers… Who wants to do any cooking after such a feat! Besides, it’s great for hangovers or midnight feasts!
On the Day
The pressure of the day should not be on one person alone so share the tasks around with the rest of the family and communicate what each person is to do on the day. This will allow you to focus on food prep and remain stress free on the day.
And most importantly, if you’re lucky enough to be attending instead of hosting a Christmas feast, take note of the hard work that has gone into the food prep, the decorations, the planning and make sure you show your appreciation of the time and effort that has been taken.
Look for easy and handy ways to get the cleaning done quickly such as being prepared to get guests to help with loading the dishwasher or throwing out any disposable plates or cups in bins that have been scattered around.
Have handy 2 bin bags- one for food scraps and the other for recycling.
Don’t underestimate the power of delegation! It makes for fast clean up and more free time.
So whatever you decide to do on the day, it’s vital to be prepared! Get your tent and decor hired early from our experienced and friendly team and ease the pressure of the day. Contact us today for a free consultation.